If you have a one-day to spend in Cebu City, here are some places that you could visit within Cebu City if you just want to see a piece of this queen city of the south. These places are near to each other and it’s very accessible if you’ll commute through a public transportation.
To kick off your day tour, you may have to go through Cebu’s history. These places have been discussed to every Filipinos in our Sibika at Cultura Days.
Cultural – History Sightseeing
- The Heritage of Cebu Monument
- Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House – Entrance Fee – P50
- Fort San Pedro & Plaza Independencia
- Magellan’s Cross & Sto. Nino Church
After the city tour, head to the highlands. If you want to go there through public transportation, you may talk to a motorcycle to bring you to these places (JY – Sirao P150/way |JY – TOPS P100/way | JY – Temple of Leah P50-P60/way).
- Sirao Garden
- JY – Sirao Peak – P150/way
- Entrance – P30
- Terrazas De Flores Busay
- JY – TOPS – P100
- Entrance Fee – P100
- Temple of Leah
- JY – Temple of Leah – P50 to P60
- Entrance Fee – P50
- Mountain View Resort
- JY – Mountain View Resort – P50 to P60
- Entrance Fee – P50
- Pool Use – P100
After the highlands tour, chill out, splurge and eat sumptuous food on an overlooking restaurant just beside the Temple of Leah – Lantaw.
If you want to check out some instagrammable restaurants, you can go to. These are just the common interest that my friends are asking me to go to, but I know there’s a lot more aside from these:
- La Vie Parisienne
- 10000 Roses
Aside from lechon, Cebu has more to offer, here are few of the famous must-try restaurants that you should visit:
- Casa Verde | Capitol Site | IT Park | Ayala
- Yayski – Capitol Site | IT Park
- Ned’s Nanay BBQ – Capitol Site
- Ekit’s Pochero – at the back of Sarosa Hotel
- Sutukil – Sugba, Tula, Kilaw in Capitol Site | SM City
- Bucket Shrimps- Capitol Site | Salinas Drive
- Diamond Tongs – for unlimited scallops and oysters.
- Ding Qua Qua for unlimited dimsum foods
- Burrows for unlimited Chicken Wings
And Cebu has a lot of coffee shops, but if you want to have desserts after your lunch or dinner, you may go to:
- Dessert Factory – Lahug | Ramos | Ayala
- La Vie Parisienne in Lahug
- La Marea in IT Park
- 10th Dove Street – Oakridge, AS Fortuna | Axis Entertainment, Escario
If you want to buy some pasalubong, you can go to the following malls.
- Malls/Pasalubong Centers
- Ayala Shopping CenterSM City Cebu
- SM City Seaside